Avon Specials and June '17 Favorites!

We're in the second week of July and June is just a memory. Summer is definitely here in Memphis, TN. The temps are high and the humidity is higher. It's like walking out of ones home into a sauna sometimes. 

Avon's Campaign 16 is well underway and I'll be turning in an order on Monday, July 17th. Let me tell you about what we have going on at Avon this time around. Anew has some great cleansers and a great cleansing brush to use them with. 
Anew's Cleansing Brush is a gentle brush that cleanses without pulling the skin. It's like having a mini facial massage every time you use it. It is easy to use and easy to travel with. The cleansing brush is battery operated with 2 AA batteries. Guess what? It is on sale for only $24.99! The regular price is $40, so this is a great savings!

The next product that you might be interested in is Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus. This is the time of year for bugs and unfortunately, some of these bugs (mosquitos) carry the Zika virus. SSS Bug Guard Plus is water resistant, has an SPF of 30 and protects against the nasty Zika virus. All of the Skin So Soft products are wonderful, but Bug Guard Plus is an essential for the summer.
If you are interested in these products or any other Avon products, please go to my e store at youravon.com/sharonrhodes

Now for my June Favorites List! These are the things, foods, movies, etc... that I discovered in the month of June. Maybe you will like these things as much as I do!

My favorite beauty care products are, of course, Avon. (Bet you didn't see that one coming, did you?) I have thick, coarse, curly hair that needs a lot of moisture. Advance Techniques 360 Nourish Moroccan Aragan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner is what I use to make my hair more manageable. I also use the Advance Techniques Moroccan Aragan Oil Leave-In Treatment after I shampoo and condition my hair. All of these are lifesavers for me, especially in the heat and humidity.
I finished reading The Broken Way by Ann Voskamp. I highly recommend this book. As someone who is quite self centered, this book was a wake-up call for me to stop thinking about myself all of the time and start thinking about those around me. How can I minister to those in my family, to anyone that I meet on a daily basis or to complete strangers? I'd like to say that after reading this book, I made a complete 360 and I'm a totally different person. I can't. I'm still self centered, but, The Broken Way has encouraged me to do better and to think about how I live my life.

Ed Sheeran's Galway Girl is my music pick of the month. I've become a fan of his lately, but Galway Girl is my favorite song from his newest album, Divide. Here is the song and video below. I can't get enough of this song! (Maybe it's because it's shot in Ireland?)

I finally got to see Moana and the live action Beauty and the Beast movies. I was not disappointed, either! They were both great but Moana was probably my favorite. I love animation and good music and Moana had both. 

Beauty and the Beast had great music too! The movie was very well done and beautiful. Is it weird that I think the beast in the animated movie is more handsome than the actor in the live action movie? It probably is weird but hey, it is what it is folks.

I've also been watching Home Fires on Amazon Prime and I love it! It is a PBS television series that depicts the life of a small, English village that is preparing for the inevitable blitz of WWII. The women are the ones taking over the farms, businesses, as well as the preparing for war because many of the men have signed up to fight. Home Fires is sometimes humorous and many times heartbreaking. I highly recommend it.

Last, but not least, I have been enjoying the cheeseburgers at Top's BBQ this summer. As far as I'm concerned, this is the best cheeseburger in Memphis. (Well, next to my grilled cheeseburgers, that is). I've been going to Top's since I was a kid, and while I love their BBQ, their cheeseburgers are my favorite. If you're ever in the Memphis area, look up Top's on Summer Avenue. They also have the best fries ever!

That's it for tonight! Till next time....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few Things Every Woman Should Know How To Do

Social Experiment - Learning New Things About Myself

Joy Comes in the Morning - I'm Counting On It