Joy Comes in the Morning - I'm Counting On It

It's been a rough summer, no doubt. Not for me personally, but for the world, our country and for many individuals that I know . It seems like every day there is a new reason for a heavy heart. I don't think that I'm the only one who feels this way, either. I might be super sensitive. A friend once told me that I just cared too much about everything. (She's right, and many times I wish that I didn't). I think many in our country are feeling the same way that I do, though. There have been natural disasters everywhere in the world, horrible, senseless violence and we humans are really good at demonizing those who we don't agree with. There have been many times that I have been thankful to believe in the sovereignty of God. There have been just as many times that I have been a doubter, a skeptic even, of His goodness. In fact, this week has been one of those times. 
I'm not going to pretend that I have all of the answers. Lately, the answers that I thought were concrete and sure, are not. Actually, nothing seems concrete and sure now. The sadness for many is palpable, especially those who have been directly affected by the incidences of the past few months. If I'm feeling this lousy, I can't imagine how the victims of these tragedies must feel. It would be really easy to say that God is good all of the time, but, I still have my family, my friends and my home. I'm not saying that God isn't good or sovereign, I'm just saying that my faith has been shaken and is weak. 

It used to irritate me that my dad would wave and speak to just about everyone who crossed his path. I'm not an outgoing person at all. When I go to the store, or anywhere for that matter, I want to get my business done and go home. I got stuff to do, man, and I don't want anyone getting in my way. I think that I have been in the wrong though. I may not be outgoing, but I can look people in the eye and smile. I can wave at everyone I pass by. That doesn't take a lot of effort, not even for me. I went on this wild goose chase because maybe if we all started smiling at each other, holding the door open for each other, waving, giving a compliment or two, we can help each other out. We can give each other a little bit of hope. Not just to those we know and like, but to everyone.  Maybe those of us who are believers can spread a little bit of God's hope to others. I don't know. It's just me thinking out loud. 

I found this verse tonight: 
Oh, how I hope that the night is over. I'm so ready for the joy that comes in the morning. I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Few Things Every Woman Should Know How To Do

Social Experiment - Learning New Things About Myself